Inside Account Manager
Create Revenue in assigned territory by developing relationships with military & government customers
• Partner with Regional Account Manager to identify customer needs
• Assess customer situations and provide customized solutions
• Expected to develop a strong understanding of territory and white space for targeted growth. Some cold calling will be required when prospecting to find new customers and contacts within region. Also responsible for expanding sales with existing accounts.
• Responsible for generating a pipeline of opportunities to make annual goal
Research Products and work with Vendors
• Make product suggestions and presentations based on the customer’s mission needs
• Work with vendors to negotiate preferred pricing & delivery
Advise Customers on selection of proper Funding or Contract Vehicles
• Understand and articulate viable purchasing methods for the customer
• Assist the customer in determining which method is best for their mission and budget. Must become the customer’s contract expert.
• Candidates must be detail oriented as they will be held responsible for contractual regulations passed on from the customer through awarded contracts, some of which may be multimillion dollar contracts
Provide Legendary Customer Service
• Respond to requests via phone, email, or in person – must be able to turn around requests quickly
• Successful candidate will be highly organized and able to demonstrate a track record of great follow-through
• Must be able to develop excellent relationships with customer base while still managing high volume of processing activities
HOURS: 8 to 5 on the phone and email contacting customers, but extended hours are necessary when customer needs arise. Some travel may be required for Trade Shows and occasional customer meetings.
• 2 years of sales experience, non-call center telephone sales desired (B-to-B or B-to-G preferred)
o Must be able to operate in a completely unscripted environment
• 2 years of customer service experience
• 2 years’ experience MS Office, particularly Excel & Outlook
• Must be able to creatively assess problems and provide solutions
• Bachelor's Degree required, though prior military or government experience may be substituted at hiring manager’s discretion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be willing and able to talk to new people with ease
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and organized, able to manage competing priorities with relative comfort
• Please be aware, all candidates accepting a position in Inside Sales will be expected to remain in their position for a minimum of two years prior to be allowed to apply for an internal transfer. Management reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy for business necessities.
• Ability to make independent decisions with little direction
• Critical thinker under pressure
• Absolutely crucial that this individual be team-oriented; teamwork is central to our success
• Knowledge of tactical equipment, military, or federal agencies a plus
o Knowledge of government contracts a plus
DVBE Supply believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at DVBE Supply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Preferred Organization - Expert
Written Communications - Advanced
Customer Service - Expert
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Bachelors or better.
DVBE SUPPLY © 2016 | All Rights Reserved
4805 Mercury Street, Suite E, San Diego, CA 92111 us